Hethersett Athletic Club Badge

Hethersett Athletic Football Club  

Founded - 1991  

Current Season Links


Season 2006/2007 Index

2006/2007 Fixtures

2006/2007 Men's News

2006/2007 Women's News

2006/2007 newsletters

2006/2007 Statistics



Record Section


Statistics and Records

Roll of Honour  

Past Seasons


Club Matters


Club Constitution  

Development Plan  

Child Protection

Club Directory  

Charter Awards

Honorary Life Members


Committee Minutes/Agenda


Presentation Evenings

Annual Meetings

Lee Thompson Memorial 

Easton Partnership



Athletic Personalities


Miscellaneous Matters


Site Map


Where are they Now?

Archive Newsletters




A National FA Community Charter Club


Hethersett Athletic A 4 Mettingham 3

A fine sunny winter's morning saw Hethersett  play hosts to Mettingham.

 Mettingham had beaten Hethersett at the last meeting, so the home side were very keen to get three points. Both teams started well and were evenly matched.  Mettingham took the lead from a free kick that caught out the home side. Hethersett tried to lift their game but Mettingham were not going to sit back and scored another goal to make it 2-0 at half time.

Hethersett were determined to come back and, after a good talk and a few Jaffa cakes, were ready for the second half. Not long after the start Hethersett pulled a goal back through Paul Martin after some fine work on the wing by Ed Gardiner. 

Hethersett's midfield of Chris Kerr and Martin Mowser were working hard. Andy Oliver made way for Darren Carter and Hethersett pushed forward to try and get the equaliser only to be caught on the break as Mettingham scored again to make it 1-3. 

Again Hethersett had to be positive and soon after the restart Paul Martin scored again after some fine work on the wing by Darren Carter. The Hethersett defence of Danny Holman, Mike Douglas, Rob Pugh and Mike Pugh were working hard, pushing quickly out of defence.

Hethersett were awarded a corner. Rob Pugh found Paul Martin again in space and he managed to drive the ball home for his third and the equaliser. 

This lifted Hethersett and they pushed forward for victory. Tim Allenden replaced Ed Gardiner and it was Tim who manged to break away and, after some fine passing play with Darren Carter, managed to find Paul Martin who again put the ball away for his fourth goal.