Hethersett Athletic Club Badge

Hethersett Athletic Football Club  

Founded - 1991  

Current Season Links


Season 2006/2007 Index

2006/2007 Fixtures

2006/2007 Men's News

2006/2007 Women's News

2006/2007 newsletters

2006/2007 Statistics



Record Section


Statistics and Records

Roll of Honour  

Past Seasons


Club Matters


Club Constitution  

Development Plan  

Child Protection

Club Directory  

Charter Awards

Honorary Life Members


Committee Minutes/Agenda


Presentation Evenings

Annual Meetings

Lee Thompson Memorial 

Easton Partnership



Athletic Personalities


Miscellaneous Matters


Site Map


Where are they Now?

Archive Newsletters




A National FA Community Charter Club


Desira South Norfolk Sunday League. Div 2.


Burston 2, Hethersett Athletic A 4

Sunday 14th September

Another hot Sunday morning saw Hethersett at home to Burston. The playing surface was still very hard, making the playing conditions awkward. Hethersett were looking forward to moving a place up the league and started well with a new formation. It was clear that both teams were going to give 100% and it was Burston who took the lead after 15 minutes.

Hethersett had to change their formation and swapped to a more familiar 4-4-2 line up. This proved to work in their favour when Ed Gardner equalised with a well taken strike. This was followed soon after by Hethersett's second, another well timed strike by team captain Danny Holman. The third came from some fine passing play and saw James Millson hammer home a well taken shot. 

The second half started in the same fashion. Burston pressed forward to get back into the game. The visitors were awarded a corner which went to the near post and was punched into the goal by the Hethersett keeper. In the full sun both teams were getting hot. Burston pushed for the equaliser but were kept at bay with some fine defending especially by Ben Frosdick at left back. Herthersett never gave up and Paul Martin scored a fine individual goal after breaking away on the left side. This led to a frantic last 15 minutes with Hethersett holding out for a fine 4-2 victory.

Credit to the Burston goalkeeper for making some fine saves. A good team performance from Hethersett who now look forward to their next game away to Rickinghall in the cup.